This unique “Rann of Kutch” photography tour focuses on the people of Kutch and their vanishing culture and lifestyle. It captures the tribal communities in the rural heartland of western Gujarat. “India lives in its villages” and villages in “Rann of Kutch” represent a different flavour of traditional India. The tribal communities in these parts of the country have remained unchanged for centuries.
This photography tour is designed not only to guide you to the most photogenic locations and tribal communities but also carefully planned to capture the best moments. Our aim is to give you an experience of rural tribal life of India, spark your photography creativity and enhance your photography skills.
Day 1: Our trip will start from Ahmedabad Airport. We will all meet at Ahmedabad International Airport between 9.00 am-10.00 am (date). From the airport we will start for Bhuj, we will have our breakfast and lunch en route. On the way to Bhuj we will visit Rani Ki Vav, Patan Step Well and Modhera Sun Temple. These are some of the historical and architectural wonders that represent the rich tradition of Gujarat.
Late evening we will check-in to our pre-booked hotel at Bhuj and get fresh. During dinner, the Tour Mentor will moderate a mutual introduction session and orient the group to what you may expect during the coming excursions. Gujarat is a dry and vegetarian state and it is difficult to get non-vegetarian food and alcoholic drinks.
Day 2: After Breakfast, we will leave for Rann of Kutch. En route we will visit some beautiful tribal (Meghwal Community) villages in Banni Grassland. We will experience and photograph beautiful and intricate mud-mirror houses (Bhungas) and & hand embroidery. You will get ample chances for portrait photography.
After Lunch, we will try to shoot an ornately dressed, nose ring wearing Jat tribe. In evening we will proceed to the northern fringe to shoot the white desert of Rann of Kutch. The blue sky and great expanse of white desert will amaze you. Our overnight stay will be at Bhuj.
Day 3: After breakfast, we will leave to photograph and experience the salt-pan workers’ of Rann of Kutch. We will spend a few hours with them. After lunch, we will try to get and spend some time with nomadic grazing community (Banjara)of Kutch. Our overnight stay will be at Bhuj.
Day 4: After breakfast, we will visit some Rabari tribal village for portrait shoot. In the afternoon, we will visit Kotay Sun Temple; it is considered as the Khajuraho of Kutch. Our overnight stay will be at Bhuj.
Day 5: It is now time to bid goodbye to beautiful Rann of Kutch. After breakfast, we will head towards Ahmedabad International Airport. The memories and friends will remain on in the many photographs that we’d have captured during our stay at Gujarat.
TOUR FEE: Rs. 26,500/- (Inclusive GST) on shared accommodation basis.
- Twin-Sharing accommodation. We can arrange single occupancy on demand with an extra cost (Rs. 30,000/person).
- All local transport related to the trip Itinerary (Toyota Innova or equivalent)
- Fee will cover all meals starting from Day 1 lunch to Day 5 lunch (5 breakfasts, 5 lunches and 4 dinners)
- Mineral water will be served only with meals.
- Tea/coffee will be served with breakfast and in evening
- On field assistance, image reviews and mentor’s guidance fee.
FEE DOESN’T INCLUDES
- Train/flight tickets to and from Ahmedabad.
- Photography tips to the tribal communities
- Any camera or entry fee
- Any separate pick up and drop to and from Ahmedabad station, airport, hotel to Bhuj hotel.
- Any personal habits, laundry or other expenses.
- Any food item/beverage ordered through room service at hotel
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
If you cancel your registration, then you will be refunded according to the following schedule, based on the full fee of the Photography Tour:
- Greater than 60 days from the start date of the Tour, full refund minus GST.
- Within 45 days: 75% refund of total fee
- Within 30 days: 50% refund of total fee
- Less than 15 days : No refund
Under any unavoidable circumstances, if Fotorbit Pvt. Ltd. cancels the photography workshop, your entire booking money will be refunded.
Booking Process: Pay Rs. 10,000 as an advance to confirm your booking; booking will not be confirmed without the advance. The balance payment needs to be done before 20th January, 2020.