ORGANISER : FOTORBIT Pvt. Ltd.
DATES : 3rd week of November, 2020 ( 4 days and 3 nights)
TOUR COST : 23,999 INR ( Twin sharing accommodation), 27,999 INR ( Single accommodation) for Indian Citizens and 600 $ for Foreign Nationals/NRI participants (Single accommodation)
NOTE : Guest who has taken previous FOTORBIT Pvt. Ltd. Trips will get 10% discount.
TEAM LEADERS: Tania Chatterjee ( from Kolkata, India) and Tanmoy Das (from Narayangunj, Bangladesh)
Photography mentor and educator Tania Chatterjee, who lives in Kolkata, is founder of FOTORBIT Pvt. Ltd., a photography related tour and education company that takes both amateur and semi-professional photographers to various parts of India , as well as abroad for photography workshops. She is extending her photography journey to Bangladesh along with the “ son of the soil” Tanmoy Das, an eminent and award winning photographer of Naranyangunj , Bangladesh.
TOUR HIGHLIGHTS :
Rakher Upobash is a festival of light, hope and faith. Thousands of hindu devotees gather in front of Shri Shri Lokenath Brahmachari Ashram temple for the Rakher Upobash religious festival in Barodi, Near Narayangunj, Bangladesh. After sunset devotees sit infront of the temple with candle lights and perform prayers for hours. Light and shadow, smoke and chanting create a mesmerising ambiance, which is to remember for lifetime.
Apart from festival, we will visit some other places near Narayangunj to find some more stories. Like brick factories, ship yards, railway stations , dumping yards and many more.
DAY 1: Dhaka arrival ( by flight or bus as per your convenience ) and check-in to pre-booked hotel by afternoon. On request, we can arrange airport pick-up. There will be an introductory, briefing and photography session by Team leaders at evening.
DAY 2 : After early breakfast start for brickfield , where people make bricks manually in a traditional way. After lunch visit to labour port to shoot daily life of hundreds of daily wage earners. Evening visit to a busy and chaotic railway station of Bangladesh.
DAY 3 : Early morning visit to Sadarghat dockyard to shoot ship making and repairing plants. After lunch, visit Barodi for Rakher Upobash festival shoot.
DAY 4 : Start with dumping yard shoot (optional for participants). There will be a photo review session. After lunch we will end our program.
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis in a standard clean hotel. We will arrange single occupancy on demand during your booking.
- Fee will cover all meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) starting from Day 1 lunch to Day 4 lunch.
- Mineral water will be served only with meals.
- Tea/coffee will be served with breakfast and evening
- All local transports related to our photo tour.
- On field assistances, image reviews and mentor’s guidance fee.
FEE DOESN’T INCLUDES:
- Bus/train/flight tickets to and fro Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Visa fee or arrangement
- Pick up and drop to and from Dhaka International Airport to hotel. (Note : Pick-up and drop arrangement will be on request.)
- International travel Insurance
- Any personal habits or expenses.
TOUR DESCRIPTION :
- FOTORBIT’s tours are mixture of daily photo shootings, photo critiques and a theoretical presentation.
- Participants work in small groups. In general we don’t encourage larger group shoots, so there are never too many people trying to take the same shot.
- At the end of the trip Tania prefer to review and select best photos of each participant. Advice and encouragement are given towards working on personal projects depending on their personal style of photography.
- During the tour Tania gives a presentation discussing her theoretical and practical knowledge regarding travel photography. This presentation gives an opportunity to learn more about travel photography.
- Before the workshop Tania creates a WhatsApp group to discuss all the practical issues related to the tour – e.g gears and other equipment, guidance on air tickets, visas, accommodation , clothing and other travel arrangements. So that everyone comes to the workshop well prepared.
- FOTORBIT arrange affordable budget or mid-range hotels. Participants looking for more comfort can arrange accommodation on their own, but in a nearby location.
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY:
If you cancel your registration, then you will be refunded according to the following schedule, based on the full fee of the Workshop:
- Greater than 60 days from the start date of the Workshop: full refund minus service tax.
- Within 45 days: 75% refund of total fee
- Within 30 days: 50% refund of total fee
- Less than 15days : No refund
Under any unavoidable circumstances, if we have to cancel our photo tour, your entire booking money will be refunded.
KNOW YOUR TEAMLEADERS :
Tania Chatterjee from the city of joy Kolkata, is a travel photographer, storyteller and an educator. She has started her career as a humanitarian worker, but over time her interest in photography grew and from Tania has a strong acumen to portray indigenous cultural, inspiring human stories, social issues and travel stories across several states of India as well as different countries. She is CEO and mentor of a photographic organisation called FOTORBIT Pvt. Ltd. (www.fotorbit.com). She is working with UNDP as consultant photographer; she has worked on various photographic assignments, judged numerous photography contests along with various national and international photography workshops and photo-walks. Tania’s photos have been widely published and exhibited around the world, along with numerous awards. To know more about her, visit her personal website https://www.taniachatterjee.com/
Tanmoy Das is an eminent travel, documentary and freelance press photographer from Narayangunj, Bangadesh. His niche subject of photography is people and he loves to capture human stories and Presently he is Media & Publicity Secretary of Bangladesh Photographic Society (BPS). He has worked with international NGOs like Plan International Bangladesh and Oxfam Bangladesh and working as freelance photographer for The Daily Agrobani and Visual Communication Ltd. He has won many awards and accolades from various national and international agencies. To know more about him visit his personal website https://tanmoydasphoto.com/.
LIABILITIES AND LIMITATIONS OF ORGANISATION :
- All itineraries are sample itineraries, intended to give you a general idea of the likely trip schedule. Numerous factors such as weather, road conditions, local political situations, the physical ability of the participants etc. may dictate itinerary changes either before the tour or while on the trail. We reserve the right to change any schedule in the interest of the trip participants’ safety, comfort & general well being.
- FOTORBIT Pvt. Ltd. shall not be responsible for any delays & alterations in the programme or expenses incurred – directly or indirectly – due to natural hazards, flight cancellations, train delay, accidents, breakdown of transport, weather, sickness, road blockages, political closures or any troublesome incidents.
- FOTORBIT Pvt. Ltd. shall not be responsible for any loss, injury or damage to person, property, or otherwise in connection with any accommodation, transportation or other services, resulting – directly or indirectly – from any act of GOD, dangers, fire, accident, breakdown in machinery or equipment, breakdown of transport, wars, civil disturbances, strikes, riots, thefts, pilferages, epidemics, medical or custom department regulations, defaults, or any other causes beyond our control.
FOTORBIT Pvt. Ltd. do not have any insurance policy covering the expenses for accident, sickness, loss due to theft, or any other reasons. All baggages, camera, other gears & personal property/s at all times are at the client’s risk.