HOLI CELEBRATION IN BARSANA, NANDGAON AND VRINDAVAN
Date : 14th to 18th March, 2019
PHOTOGRAPHIC TOUR WITH FOTORBIT
Holi, the festival of colours, is celebrated all around the world, but the biggest and most colourful gathering takes place in Mathura and Vrindavan of Uttar Pradesh, India. This is the only destination which witnesses an extraordinary vibrancy of culture & colours during this festive season.
Holi is mostly celebrated in the Braj region (also known as Lord Krishna’s kingdom), especially in locations associated with Lord Krishna and Radha i.e.Barsana, Nandgaon and Vrindavan. Barsana was the birth place of Radha, whereas, Nandgaon where Lord Krishna spent his childhood and adolescence period. Both of them are said to love each other immensely. It is believed that Lord Krishna being dark in complexion and Radha being fair, he would apply colour on her face to look similar. One day Lord Krishna was eavesdropping on Radha and her group of friends and was teasing them; the women of Barsana took offence and chased Lord Krishna and his friends away by running after them with lathis (wooden sticks) and thus began the ritual of Lathmar Holi that the people of Barsana and Nandgaon celebrate every year with immense fun. It’s an atmosphere of pomp, gaiety and carnival.
Travel Photography is all about getting the real essence of the place i.e. knowing local culture, interacting with local people, watching their celebrations, experience their way of life. During our photography tour we will focus to capture the spirit of this colourful event and mood of local people. We will guide you to cover these events and explore the streets of Vrindavan and later will help you in selecting and editing of photographs.
14th March, 2019 (Thursday) : Arrival of participants in our pre-booked hotel at Vrindavan after 12noon. Tour briefing will be done and introduction of participants to each other. Various safety measures will also be discussed for the camera and photographers during the tour.
15th March, 2019 (Friday) : We will start around 9am for Barsana after breakfast to experience the riot of colours of Lathmar Holi. The event takes place in the beautiful campus of the Radha-Rani temple of Barsana. Here, men from Nandgaon, the land of Krishna come to play Holi with the women of Barsana and hope of raising their flag over temple complex. But, instead of colours they are greeted with sticks by the gopis (maidens).
16th March, 2019 (Saturday) : Today will visit Sirji Temple of Nandgaon for Samaj Celebration. Today the men of Nandgaon reciprocate and drench everybody specially the women-folk in colours of kesudo, naturally occurring orange-red dye and palash and the women of Nandgoan beat the invaders from Barsana.
17th March, 2019 (Sunday) :Today we will explore the street of Vrindavan and shoot the holi celebration at the famous Banke Bihari Temple. Evening we will shoot the aarti at Yamuna ghat.
18th March, 2019 (Monday) : Today morning, we will try to attend widow holi ( date yet not confirmed) OR do a photo review session . After lunch, we will end our program.
Cost of Trip :
The total fee for these 5 days tour for Indian Nationals is Rs. 16,000/- shared room (for foreigner/NRI tour fee will be separate) along with same gender participants. For single occupancy fee will increase. To book your seat, you are required to pay the entire tour fee in advance.
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis (persons of same gender) on a standard clean hotel, with western toilet and AC.
- It will cover all vegetarian meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner), starting from 14th March, 2019 lunch to 18th March, 2019 lunch.
- Mineral water will be provided only during meals
- Tea/Coffee will be provided along with breakfast and in evening
- All local transports related with our photo tour i.e. hiring of cars from Vrindavan to Barsana and Nandgaon etc.
- Mentor’s fee for on field assistances and image reviews
FEE DOESN’T INCLUDES
- Train/flight tickets to and fro Mathura/Vrindavan
- Pick up and drop from Mathura station or any airport upto Vrindavan hotel
- Any additional food items or beverage during meals.
- Any personal habit or expenses
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
- If you cancel your registration, then you will be refunded according to the following schedule, based on the full fee of the Workshop:
- 45 days or more: 75% refund
- 30 days or more: 50% refund
- Less than 30 days to 15days : 25% refund
- Less than 15 days : Non –refundable
Our Liabilities & Limitations:
- All itineraries are sample itineraries, intended to give you a general idea of the likely trip schedule. Numerous factors such as weather, road conditions, local political situations, the physical ability of the participants etc. may dictate itinerary changes either before the tour or while on the trail. We reserve the right to change any schedule in the interest of the trip participants’ safety, comfort & general well being.
- FOTORBIT shall not be responsible for any delays & alterations in the programme or expenses incurred – directly or indirectly – due to natural hazards, flight cancellations, train delay, accidents, breakdown of transport, weather, sickness, road blockages, political closures or any troublesome incidents.
- FOTORBIT shall not be responsible for any loss, injury or damage to person, property, or otherwise in connection with any accommodation, transportation or other services, resulting – directly or indirectly – from any act of GOD, dangers, fire, accident, breakdown in machinery or equipment, breakdown of transport, wars, civil disturbances, strikes, riots, thefts, pilferages, epidemics, medical or custom department regulations, defaults, or any other causes beyond our control.
- FOTORBIT do not have any insurance policy covering the expenses for accident, sickness, loss due to theft, or any other reasons. All baggage, camera, other gears & personal property/s at all times are at the client’s risk.