HEADHUNTER ADVENTURE, NAGALAND , APRIL 2022
ORGANISER : FOTORBIT Pvt. Ltd.
MENTOR : Tania Chatterjee
DATES : 3rd – 7th April, 2022 ( 5 days and 4 nights)
TOUR FEE : Rs. 32,500 INR
Different harvest festivals are celebrated differently in various parts of India. The Aoling festival is the annual ‘Spring Festival’ of tattooed head hunters belonging to the Konyak tribe of Nagaland. The celebration of the Aoling festival is spread across first week of April every year in different villages of Mon district. The festival marks the end of the sowing season. This is a time for jubilation; everyone dresses in their traditional colourful costumes, ornaments and headgears along with weapons. Although the glorious age of head hunting of Konyak is a past now, these festivals are still is a way to showcase their days of gun power and hunting. Extravagant dances are performed with songs of Konyak tribal folklore, gigantic feasts consisting of ethnic cuisines are held, along with the local rice beer. Aoling is all about enjoyment, dance, music and food. By the end, you will be overwhelmed by the tribal hospitality and that headhunter’s zest.
Day 1 : Pick up from Dibrugarh Airport at around 12.00 IST. Start journey towards Mon, Nagaland. We are expecting to reach Mon by evening. Evening there will be an introduction and briefing session by the Mentor.
Day 2, Day 3 and Day 4 : We will visit various remote Konyak tribal villages of Mon District to witness and shoot the portrait, lifestyle of the Konyak tribe and the Aoling festival.
Day 5 : Early morning check-out from homestay and drop to Dibrugarh Airport.
- Accommodation on twin sharing in one of the best homestay in Mon.
- Pick up and drop from Dibrugarh Airport by Scorpio or similar vehicle
- Fee will cover all meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) starting from Day 1(3rdApril, 2022) lunch to Day 5 ( 7th April, 2022 ) lunch.
- Mineral water
- Tea/coffee will be served with breakfast and evening
- All local transports
- Hiring of Local Guide
- On field assistances, image reviews and mentor’s guidance fee.
FEE DOESN’T INCLUDES:
- Bus/train/flight tickets to and from Dibrugarh Airport.
- Any personal habits or expenses
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
- If you cancel your registration, then you will be refunded according to the following schedule, based on the full fee of the Workshop:
- 45 days or more: 75% refund
- 30 days or more: 50% refund
- Less than 30 days to 15days : 25% refund
- Less than 15 days : Non –refundable
KNOW YOUR TEAMLEADER :
Tania Chatterjee from the city of joy Kolkata, is a travel photographer, storyteller and an educator. She has started her career as a humanitarian worker, but over time her interest in photography grew and from Tania has a strong acumen to portray indigenous cultural, inspiring human stories, social issues and travel stories across several states of India as well as different countries. She is CEO and mentor of a photographic organisation called FOTORBIT Pvt. Ltd. (www.fotorbit.com). She is working with UNDP as consultant photographer; she has worked on various photographic assignments, judged numerous photography contests along with various national and international photography workshops and photo-walks. Tania’s photos have been widely published and exhibited around the world, along with numerous awards. To know more about her, visit her personal website https://www.taniachatterjee.com/
OUR LIABILITIES AND LIMITATIONS :
- All itineraries are sample itineraries, intended to give you a general idea of the likely trip schedule. Numerous factors such as weather, road conditions, local political situations, the physical ability of the participants etc. may dictate itinerary changes either before the tour or while on the trail. We reserve the right to change any schedule in the interest of the trip participants’ safety, comfort & general well being.
- FOTORBIT shall not be responsible for any delays & alterations in the programme or expenses incurred – directly or indirectly – due to natural hazards, flight cancellations, train delay, accidents, breakdown of transport, weather, sickness, road blockages, political closures or any troublesome incidents.
- FOTORBIT shall not be responsible for any loss, injury or damage to person, property, or otherwise in connection with any accommodation, transportation or other services, resulting – directly or indirectly – from any act of GOD, dangers, fire, accident, breakdown in machinery or equipment, breakdown of transport, wars, civil disturbances, strikes, riots, thefts, pilferages, epidemics, medical or custom department regulations, defaults, or any other causes beyond our control.
- FOTORBIT do not have any insurance policy covering the expenses for accident, sickness, loss due to theft, or any other reasons. All baggage, camera, other gears & personal property/s at all times are at the client’s risk.