Explore the People of Rann of Kutch, Gujarat
Date : 17th Dec -20th Dec, 2022
Mentor : Tania Chatterjee ( www.taniachatterjee.com )
Organised By : Fotorbit Pvt. Ltd. ( www.fotorbit.com)
This unique “Rann of Kutch” photography tour focuses on the people of Kutch and their vanishing culture and lifestyle. It captures the tribal communities in the rural heartland of western Gujarat. “India lives in its villages” and villages in “Rann of Kutch” represent a different flavour of traditional India. The tribal communities in these parts of the country have remained unchanged for centuries.
This photography tour is designed not only to guide you to the most photogenic locations and tribal communities but also carefully planned to capture the best moments. Our aim is to give you an experience of rural tribal life of India, spark your photography creativity and enhance your photography skills.
Day 1 (17th Dec, 2022) : Our trip will start from Ahmedabad Airport. We will all meet at Ahmedabad International Airport around 12.00 hours. From the airport we will start for Bhuj, we will have our lunch en route. Airport to Bhuj is around 7 hours journey.
Late evening we will check-in to our pre-booked hotel at Bhuj and get fresh, have dinner and take rest. During dinner, the Tour Mentor will moderate a mutual introduction session and orient the group to what you may expect during the coming excursions.
Day 2 ( 18th Dec, 2022): After Breakfast, we will leave for Rann of Kutch. En route we will visit some beautiful tribal (Meghwal Community) villages in Banni Grassland. We will experience and photograph beautiful and intricate mud-mirror houses (Bhungas) and & hand embroidery. You will get ample chances for portrait photography. After Lunch, we will try to shoot an ornately dressed, nose ring wearing Daneta Jat tribe. In evening we will proceed to the northern fringe to shoot the white desert of Rann of Kutch. The blue sky and great expanse of white desert will amaze you. Our overnight stay will be at Bhuj.
Day 3 ( 19th Dec, 2022): After breakfast, we spend some time with nomadic community Fakirani Jat of Kutch. We will shoot and experience the real nomadic life of Kutch.
After lunch, at late evening we will visit the white salt desert of Rann of Kutch to experience and shoot the sunset.
Day 4 ( 20th Dec, 2022 ) : After breakfast we will start for Ahmedabad Airport. On the way we will shoot Rabari Community. We will drop you to airport at 5pm and our tour will end there.
TOUR FEE: Rs. 32,500/- for Indians and 600$ for foreigners on shared accommodation basis.
PARTICIPANTS : Total number of Guests will be 8/9 ( maximum )
- Twin-Sharing in 3 Star accommodation at Bhuj, Gujarat. We can arrange single occupancy on demand with an extra cost (Rs. 38,500/person for Indians and 700$ for foreigners).
- All local transport related to the trip Itinerary (Tempo Traveller)
- Fee will cover all meals starting from Day 1 lunch to Day 4 lunch
- Mineral water will be served throughout the trip
- Tea/coffee will be served with breakfast and in evening
- Photography donation to various tribal communities
- Local language speaking guide
- On field assistance, composition of images, image reviews and mentor’s guidance fee.
FEE DOESN’T INCLUDES
- Train/flight tickets to and from Ahmedabad.
- Any camera or entry fee
- Any separate pick up and drop to and from Ahmedabad station, airport, hotel to Bhuj hotel.
- Any personal habits, laundry or other expenses.
- Any food item/beverage ordered through room service at hotel
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
If you cancel your registration, then you will be refunded according to the following schedule, based on the full fee of the Photography Tour:
- Greater than 60 days from the start date of the Tour, full refund minus GST.
- Within 45 days: 75% refund of total fee
- Within 30 days: 50% refund of total fee
- Less than 15 days : No refund
Under any unavoidable circumstances, if Fotorbit Pvt. Ltd. cancels the photography workshop, your entire booking money will be refunded.