EXPLORE DEV DEEPAWALI at VARANASI
Date: 10th to 13th of Nov, 2019
Mentor : Tania Chatterjee (Owner and Mentor of FOTORBIT)
The Dev Deepavali is the festival of Kartik Poornima celebrated in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, India. Dev Deepawali is the ‘Festival of Lights, of the Gods’ and one of the most photogenic festivals of India. The steps of all the ghats of Varanasi on the riverfront of the Ganges, are lit with more than a million earthen lamps at a time.
Our workshop in Varanasi has been designed for the people interested in photography, travel and culture of India. Basic knowledge of camera is essential. You may carry a basic point and shoot camera or DSLR. We will help our guests in on-field camera settings, framing and post processing, if that’s what is your requirement then surely join FOTORBIT for this exciting DevDeepawali Varanasi photo tour.
We are not offering a package tour for general tourists; it is specifically meant for photography enthusiastic people and interested to exploring the oldest city of India. You will discover the place and learn a lot about this ancient city, local people and their culture which is important part of our travel photography. We will try to observe the local people, their daily activities and cultural beliefs and will try to capture those moments using right compositions and techniques. There is a strong belief within us that travelling is all about knowing others’ cultural beliefs and respecting them.
10th November, 2019 (Sunday) : Check – in to our pre-booked Hotel around 12 noon (standard hotel with clean room and western toilet). Have your lunch and settle down. During lunch we will have a brief introduction session.
Afternoon we will have a discussion session (including a presentation by Mentor) on people and street photography of Varanasi. Start Photo walk around 4pm with our mentor at evening (explore evening aarti at Dashashwamedh Ghat) .
11th November, 2019 (Monday) : Today will start at 5.30 am with morning aarti at Assi Ghat , then catch various morning activities alongside of the river ghats. After breakfast explore the lanes of Varanasi. Back to hotel around 11am. Get fresh and have your lunch.
Evening walk will start around 4pm. Today experience Nepali temple and Manikarnika Ghat, which is one of the holiest ghats among the sacred riverfronts, alongside the river. It is believed that a dead human’s soul finds salvation, when cremated here. Later we can explore the evening aarti from some different angles.
After returning back, we will have a review session of images.
12th November, 2019 (Tuesday) : Today our morning session will start around 5.30 am and we will try to discover the Ghats of Varanasi on boat. Boating in the Ganges at the sunrise is one of the main attractions of Varanasi. You will able to shoot landscape of Varanasi on boat. Later explore the lanes of Varanasi for some street photography including devdeepawali preparation. In the evening session, devdeepawaali festival shoot will be done till night.
13th November, 2019 (Wednesday): Today we will try to photograph something different in Varanasi like the famous Kushti Akhara (wrestlers) and Lolark kund (step well of Varanasi). Return to your hotel after breakfast around 10 am and 12noon is your check out time. After lunch, we will end our trip.
COST & TERMS
The total cost for this tour is Rs. 12,500/- per person (Indian participants)/ $250 (foreign / NRI participants). To book your place, you are required to pay 50% as an advance and the entire fee just before the tour.
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis in a standard hotel. We will arrange single occupancy on demand during your booking ( in that case you have to pay the extra amount)
- Fee will cover all meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) starting from Day 1 (10th, 2019) lunch to Day 4 (13th , 2019 ) lunch.
- Mineral water will be served only with meals.
- Tea/coffee will be served with breakfast only.
- All local transports in and around Varanasi related with our photo tour.
- On field assistances, image reviews and mentor’s guidance fee.
FEE DOESN’T INCLUDES
- Train/flight tickets to and fro Varanasi. Any visa / permit fee for foreigners
- Pick up and drop to and from Varanasi station or airport to hotel.
- Any personal habits or expenses.
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
If you cancel your registration, then you will be refunded according to the following schedule, based on the full fee of the Workshop:
- Greater than 60 days from the start date of the Workshop: full refund minus service tax.
- Within 45 days: 75% refund of total fee
- Within 30 days: 50% refund of total fee
- Less than 15days : No refund
Under any unavoidable circumstances, if we have to cancel our photo tour, your entire booking money will be refunded.
Our Liabilities & Limitations:
- All itineraries are sample itineraries, intended to give you a general idea of the likely trip schedule. Numerous factors such as weather, road conditions, local political situations, the physical ability of the participants etc. may dictate itinerary changes either before the tour or while on the trail. We reserve the right to change any schedule in the interest of the trip participants’ safety, comfort & general well being.
- FOTORBIT shall not be responsible for any delays & alterations in the programme or expenses incurred – directly or indirectly – due to natural hazards, flight cancellations, train delay, accidents, breakdown of transport, weather, sickness, road blockages, political closures or any troublesome incidents.
- FOTORBIT shall not be responsible for any loss, injury or damage to person, property, or otherwise in connection with any accommodation, transportation or other services, resulting – directly or indirectly – from any act of GOD, dangers, fire, accident, breakdown in machinery or equipment, breakdown of transport, wars, civil disturbances, strikes, riots, thefts, pilferages, epidemics, medical or custom department regulations, defaults, or any other causes beyond our control.
FOTORBIT do not have any insurance policy covering the expenses for accident, sickness, loss due to theft, or any other reasons. All baggages, camera, other gears & personal property/s at all times are at the client’s risk.